Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The month of August

So...Fragapalooza was to be the highlight of my summer vacation again this year, and once again it didn't disappoint.  Not only did I have a blast, but we had a ton of power issues on our first day that caused us to have to actually shut things down for 12 hours while we attempted to fix everything.  What a cluster****.  Beyond these problems, the event went pretty well.  The venue was awesome and everyone ended up having a good time.  What more can you ask for?

The next big thing was Michelle's birthday.  We always go to the Fringe as she likes to get a Henna and a hair wrap.  No hair wrap this year, but she did get her Henna.  We also saw a booth where they do a caricature drawing and thought it would be perfect to have one done for our party.  $25 lighter we had a great picture.

Speaking of our party, I spent WAY more than I expected to.  The food was more, the decorations more and the costumes more.  However, it was a really fun time so in the end it was all worth it.  The Murder Mystery was a great time and you can look at some photos here.

The next thing to come along will be my birthday and then our 5th wedding anniversary.  After that we have a trip to Calgary planned for Grandma's 90th birthday.  Maybe then things will slow down a bit!  LOL

In other news, I have put almost 7000km on my bike since June.  I ride that thing whenever I get the chance and am really enjoying it.  It doesn't hurt that Michelle loves going for rides too!  Hopefully the weather will stay nice for a while yet as I am not ready to put it away.

That's it for now...don't stay tuned as these updates are too infrequent...

No comments: