Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So, our trip to Bonnyville was pretty good.  We did take the bike and managed to get everything we needed for the weekend in the saddle bags and in one medium duffel bag that we tied to the back of the sissy bar. 

The ride there was cloudy and a bit windy, but there was no rain.  Always a bonus when traveling anywhere by motorcycle!  We checked into the hotel then headed out to the cabin for the party. 

It is a really small world...Michelle knew a bunch of people there.  Some from when she was growing up, some from her work and some from the Folk Fest.  Strange how that works eh?  After talking to one couple for a while I found out that he grew up in the same town as I did, and was in the same class/year as my brother.  Small world!

We ate too much, drank too little (can't drink when riding the bike) and I was relaxing on the front porch when I heard my name being called over the PA system.  Kathleen's brother is a stage hypnotist and was apparently about to put on a show.  Seeing as I have been hypnotized before they wanted me in the show.  I reluctantly agreed.

As it turns out, I was the ONLY one who got hypnotized, so I WAS the show.  Apparently I am a Barbie Girl, I can teach Irish Dancing, I can't do the Twist but I can dance like Cyndi Lauper.  I am a gentle but firm Spiderman, swear when I lose the winning Lotto Max ticket and kissed a ton of people.  At least Joe was nice and kept the show clean!  LOL

The ride home was looking to be perfect on Sunday.  Not a cloud in the sky.  We stopped in Vegreville at my friend's place for a BBQ and when we were leaving the storms had come.  Almost the whole ride was in the rain.  Oh well...the windshield on the bike kept us pretty dry actually so it wasn't bad.

Any excuse to ride...another 500km on the bike!  :)

No comments: