Thursday, May 13, 2010

Honest...

So, every time I think to myself "I should really update my Blog", something comes up and I forget about it.  Then another week goes by and I repeat the process.  Well, today I decided at the very least I will make a small contribution to the vastness that is the interwebz.

In the past few months I have purchased a motorbike, taken my bike safety course, and have booked my road test.  You may say this is nothing more than my mid-life crisis, and you would probably be right.  However, as far as mid-life crisis goes, this one is pretty tame IMHO.

The bike course was actually really good.  Anyone can get on a bike and go fast.  It is the actual SKILL stuff that we all need to learn/practice.  This course (at TNT Motorcycles BTW) was fantastic.  We spent like 12 hours on the bike, right from the first hour we were there.  Learning everything from the correct way to make u-turns, to controlled swerves and stops, the course was awesome.  If I had something bad to say, it was that the bikes were too small for me.  I am not so much concerned about the power, but the physical SIZE.  I was unable to try out the Honda CBR's because the handlebars kept hitting my knees.  Oh well...still learned a lot.

The next step is to actually GET my Class 6.  May 28 I take the road test and if all goes well, I will be able to legally ride my motorcycle without a chaperon.

Other than the motorbike stuff, I did a small amount of work around the house.  We had a Sunshine Ceiling that had all but one of the ballasts go within a 2 week span.  I spent literally months trying to decide what to do - replace them with new ballasts, replace the whole fixtures, or tear down the sunshine ceiling and replace it with something else.  I finally decided to replace the ballasts and the panels with new ones.  Looks really nice now.  Here is an example of what a Sunshine Ceiling looks like (not mine) in case you were wondering.

That's all I have for now...like every post I promise to update more often.  Don't hold your breath.  :P

No comments: