Monday, January 4, 2010

Whew! Made it through the holidays!

So...here we are in 2010.  Now...is that twenty-ten, or two thousand-ten?  I am torn actually...I mean I did say two-thousand-nine, so it stands to reason that I would say two-thousand-ten right?  Well...the argument will come out about 1999 for instance.  We said nineteen-ninety-nine, so we should say twenty-ten right?  Food for thought...

Anyway...back to the topic of this post...  I made it through the holidays in one piece.  Santa was good to me this year.  Between gift cards and some cash I managed to snag myself a nice entry level Netbook.  Thanks to Best Buy for having one on sale just in time for me to get one!  :)

I spent xmas morning/afternoon with my side of the family and did a nice lunch.  Spent some time with my son, his gf and her son (my grandson - still really hard to say that!!!) and it was a lot of fun.  Opened gifts, ate great food and contrary to a previous Blog post, the day was not as uncomfortable as I expected.  LOL


We then made the trip up to Grande Prairie to spend some time with my wife's parents.  The roads were pretty decent on the trip up and with next to no traffic out on xmas day we made good time.  We spent the next 5 days in GP before coming home on the 30th.  It was nice to get away for a bit, had a good time, but it was also nice to come home again.  The drive home was a little different.  The roads were pretty slick and we saw a bunch of cars in the ditch, and even a big semi trailer/truck.  I drove slower to avoid any problems and made it in one piece.

New Years Eve was relatively quiet.  I watched hockey until about 9:30, went to my friends house (wife had to work) and rang in the new year nice and quiet like.  Home just after 1am and the best part of a quiet new years - no hangover the next day!  LOL

Throughout the holidays I have been watching a TON of hockey.  From the Oilers games, to the Spengler Cup (Canada didn't win this year) and best of all, the World Juniors.  My wife is getting tired of all the hockey, but hey...it's only once a year right?  (except with the Olympics this year...and I think there is the World Cup of hockey in the spring...)

So here I am after 10 days off and I am back to work.  It was REALLY hard to get up this morning, but I managed to make it into work.  With all the B.S. that has been going on at work with the re-org and the outsourcing I only have 1 new years resolution - stay employed this year.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Keith A said...

Sounds like some nice time off Michael. I too picked up a Netbook, this one for my wife and I made it into a mini Mac by loading OSX on it. Works great and she loves it. Cool little devices... Happy New Year!