Monday, January 18, 2010

MegaFPS

This past weekend was a busy one for me - I was at a LAN Party!  :)  For those of you who don't know what a LAN party is - Google is your friend!  LOL

The guys at MegaFPS put on another LAN this weekend - JanLAN.  Somewhere around 20 - 30 people came together in the GoldBar Community Hall for a weekend of GAMING!  I arrived around 7:30pm on Friday and quickly setup and got down to some gaming.  We played some L4D2 (Left for Dead 2), some Flatout and some more L4D2.  The next thing I know it is 3:30am.  I decide to go home and get some sleep.  Some people elect to stay and sleep at the LAN, but seeing as I was only a 15min drive from home I felt I would sleep better in my own bed.

I drag my ass back Saturday at about noon ready for another marathon session of gaming.  Armed with some coffee and pop I get down to the serious business of zombie killing.  My wife and I were supposed to go to a wedding Saturday night so I left the Lan about 4pm to go get ready.  About 1 minute after I leave, she calls me to say she is not feeling well and that we wouldn't be going to the wedding.  I promptly turn around and head back. 

After about 4 more hours of gaming, interrupted only for a pizza break (thanks Geoff and Adam!), I decide to head home for a shower and to replenish my supplies.  Back at the Lan about 9:30 I settle in for the long haul armed with some typical geek Lan food - snacks and energy drinks.  Seeing as I am not as young as I once was, I brought some water to keep myself hydrated, which is a good idea at any age.

Between the L4D, TF2, Flatout and some Trackmania, I decide to call it quits - at 3:30am.  As things tend to end rather early on Sunday, I decided to pack up and head home, rather than come back for an hour on Sunday.  This was a first for me as I always come back, if for no other reason than to help clean up.  I guess I really am getting old!  LOL

JanLAN was a great time.  If I knew in advance that I wasn't going to the wedding, I would have brought my comfortable chair, and my RockBand.  As a result of the crappy chair I spent the weekend on, my back is killing me!  As a result of not bringing the RockBand, I didn't get to rock out!  LOL  Next time...

Sunday afternoon some of the Fragapalooza staff got together for a meeting to decide if we are going to put on another Frag this year.  You heard it here first - yes we are!  We don't have a venue or date set yet, so the official announcement will wait a bit.  However, now that we have decided, the planning can begin.

One thing I should mention...we had our meeting at Red Robins.  Gil had informed me of the pre-fill of fries, and I thought I would share it with you.  As you get free refills on your fries at Red Robins, why not order a PRE-fill of fries instead of paying for an appetizer?  The fries are really good and it will save you some money.  :)  When the waitress asks what you want, simply request the prefill.

I think I have bored you enough now...until next time, remember to get your geek on whenever possible!

No comments: