Friday, November 14, 2008

Another week, another update

So, from the looks of things, this is probably only going to be updated weekly...and even then only if I remember! LOL

So, I had borrowed Brittany's Rockband while she was in Mexico and I decided to invite Sam and Rob over on Saturday to play. On Friday I made the (snap) decision to go and buy Rockband 2 for the Xbox instead of playing Rockband1. I then went and rented Rockband1 for Xbox (so I could download the songlist) and Guitar Hero World Tour (just to test it with the RB controllers)

On Saturday I told the kids I would make supper for them and they were to come over at 6:00. I made a big pot of chili for dinner...and at one point I tasted it and decided it wasn't spicy enough. I added a dash (yeah right) of hot sauce and didn't taste it again until we ate. It was some of the hottest chili I have made in a long time!! Seriously kicked our butts! It was tasty though so it was all good.

So there we were...rocking out to RB2 and GHWT when the doorbell rings. My parents made a surprise visit and brought dessert! So we played more that night and I convinced my Dad to try the guitar and drums, and my Mom did drums and sang. A good time was had by all! Mom and Dad left late (like 11:30 or something) and Sam and Rob didn't leave until after 1.

So...Monday rolls around and I had taken the day off as Tuesday was a day off for me anyway. That gave me a nice 4-day weekend. The phone rings - it's Sam. She wanted to know if her and Sean could come over and play some RB! Of course I said sure! So, there we were, playing RB again until 2am. Once again, a good time was had by all!

I have to say...Rockband 2 is better than Guitar Hero World Tour for the full band experience. GHWT has better Guitar songs (go figure) but both games are still a ton of fun.

So, Tuesday I decide to play a little single player GH for a while and unlock a new song - Hotel California!!! OMG! That song is SO much fun to play! I have decided to add GHWT to my xmas wish list. Don't need the full Special Edition as I can use the RB controllers. All I need is a GH guitar so that I can have 2.

Thursday night the Oilers played the Leafs...at least I think that's what they called it... They lost 5-2 and I have to say - Leaf fans are the worst fans I know. They are worse than Flames and Canuck fans by far. Ignorant and obnoxious and I wish they would all go jump off a cliff! :P

This coming weekend will prove to be a busy one again. Brittany is coming over, there is a hockey game on Saturday night, and I have to go into work on Sunday morning. I am sure I will find time to play some RB with Britt, so it shouldn't be too bad!

No comments: