Friday, May 29, 2009

Twitter

So I finally decided to join Twitter to see what all the fuss is about. Meh. That's pretty much how I felt about it at first. Then I started to realize some of the marketing power it has.

I signed Fragapalooza up now so that I could keep the world updated and to see if I could put some of this free marketing to work.

I can make a post about one of the sponsors for instance, and if I tag the sponsor name (#) then my post will return as a search result when someone searches for that sponsor. This works for any term that I tag. #LAN for instance is a great tag.

In the two days since I have signed up Frag, there are 15 followers already. Each of those followers have followers of their own who can see that they are following Frag. This has the potential of reaching lots of new attendees in a short time. As long as I post regularily and tag the correct terms, this will work out well.

You can follow me at http://www.twitter.com/michaelhollands or Fragapalooza at http://www.twitter.com/Fragapalooza

See you online!
Mobile Blogging from here.

No comments: